CHS NELSON MANDELA ELECTIVES
provides access to online high-quality, accredited high school diplomas and civic education courses to students across the globe.
Orange Couch tackles gender based violence (GBV) through a storytelling television program that eloquently and powerfully projects the lived experiences of individuals who overcame abuse and trauma. This insightful, compelling and educative exploration of real-life situations provides stories of resilience.
TRC GLOBAL SUMMIT
The 2021 Truth & Reconciliation Conversations (TRC) Global Summit premiered a thought-provoking documentary that illuminates the process of reconciliation through the stories of men and women who have confronted racial challenges throughout their lives. Attendees had access to engaging workshops and provocative on-stage panels with global leaders who helped deepen their understanding of how to communicate about race and what steps to take in order to move forward.
Reflecting Freedom Network
a non-profit charity, provides access to web-based, accredited education for individuals and communities impacted by incarceration.
REASONS WHY NELSON MANDELA ELECTIVES IS RIGHT FOR YOU
- You are seeking out conversations with people who have been thinking about the same issue
- You have a passion to change your community
- You are called to make a difference
- You believe your voice does matter and can make difference
- You are looking for interesting courses that are not offered at your high school
CHS Nelson Mandela Electives offers a dual enrollment opportunity for high school students to earn college credits taken through the Nelson Mandela Electives while still being enrolled in your local school or CHS. As a dual enrolled student, you are enrolled in both a high school and a college course concurrently.
- Watch three 23 minute episodes featuring survivors of Gender Based Violence (GBV)
- Write or present 8 blogs/vlogs for one credit or two CEU’s
- Credits transferable to your local high school
- CEUs for workforce training and professional development
- This course focuses on facilitating difficult but necessary conversations between friends, family, and strangers
- The blueprint for the conversations take place using five key commitments: Compassionate Empathy, Courageous Listening, Painful Conversations, Social Reckoning and Spiritual Reconciliation
CHS NELSON MANDELA ELECTIVES SCHOLARSHIPS
We believe that all students regardless of socio-economic status or background should have access to high-quality, accredited education. Find out more about the application process for a scholarship to go towards a single course or a full high school diploma.
The CHS Nelson Mandela Electives program is offered in partnership with Citizens High School, a DEAC accredited leader in online education.
“Education is the most powerful weapon,
which you can use to change the world.”