NELSON MANDELA ACADEMY (NMA
A regionally and nationally accredited distance-learning initiative serving people and communities impacted by incarceration.
The Nelson Mandela Academy offers two high school diploma pathways: one for career-minded students and another for those preparing to continue their education at the college level.
Career Diploma Track: Our 18 credit high school diploma for career track is designed to provide students with the right academic foundation to pursue a career upon completion.
College Diploma Track: Our 24 credit high school diploma for college track is designed to provide students with the academic foundation needed for college admission.
HIGH SCHOOL CURRICULUM
In addition to standard core curriculum in English, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies, the Nelson Mandela Academy offers students the choice of over 200 unique electives from categories such as Civics, African-Amercian Studies, Biblical Studies, STEM, IT, Young Parents, Life Skills, Cooking, Directed Reading courses and more.
JOB SKILLS TRAINING
Nelson Mandela Academy provides FREE web-based job skills training and career readiness courses.
Diploma Pathways features
- Expert Faculty-led and graded instruction
- Regional and national accreditation
- Simple process to transfer credits previously earned
- Work at your own pace, asynchronous model
- Online or offline formats
- Side by side learning modules for Spanish-speaking students in our Español program
Job Skills Training and App features
- A comprehensive library of online training courses relevant to a wide variety of industries.
- A career library of people sharing friendly advice and giving real insights across all job sectors.
- Each course has an assessment of learning and a badge that automatically writes to the user’s resume-profile on completion.
- Mobile iOS and Android app versions to access all core site feature on your mobile device.
- Review college programs.
- Share your resume with employers and career counselors.
- Suggestions for college programs leading to similar employment, top skills in demand by similar employers, average salary information for similar occupations
- Department of Labor and Department of Education data to help you make the best choices for your future.
Correspondence Based Program
For students that either lack the necessary technology requirements, or simply prefer textbooks over screens, the Nelson Mandela Academy offers a textbook-based correspondence offline program. Students in the offline program are mailed printed learning materials and work at their own pace. Assignments and exams and mailed to faculty for review and grading.
Nelson Mandela Academy is a joint initiative by Reflecting Freedom Network, 1NETWORKUSA and Citizens High School.
We invite you to learn more about our programs and services, and to get involved with our work. Tell us about you.
“Education is the most powerful weapon
which you can use
to change the world.”