NELSON MANDELA ACADEMY (NMA)
provides access to web-based, accredited education for non-traditional students including youth and adults impacted by incarceration.
Nelson Mandela Academy program embraces flexibility, innovation, learn at your own pace, student enrichment, omni-directional learning offerings and elective choice.
- Students graduate with broader academic and career skills
- Flexible Learning Schedule (24/7)
- Students manage their course selection
- All courses scheduled around jobs, career goals, home, and life requirements
- Program meets students where they are and turbocharges their career and academic path
- Program works backwards from students ambitions and after high school plans
- Dual Credit for both Career schools and College
- Individualized Plans keep students on track
- The degree can be shaped to support the widest range of careers
Students have a choice of over 250+ unique electives from categories such as Civics, African-American Studies, Biblical Studies, STEM, IT, Young Parents, Life Skills, Cooking, Directed Reading courses, Activism and Vlogging courses, Española Dual Language Program and much more.
CAREER & COLLEGE DIPLOMA TRACKS
Nelson Mandela Academy program offer 2 high school diploma pathways; one for the career-minded student and another for the student preparing to continue their education at the college level.
How Nelson Mandela Academy Works With Schools Locally and Internationally
Because Nelson Mandela Academy is partnered with Citizens High School (CHS), a regionally and nationally accredited high school just like all public high schools in the US, it can be part of school’s academic offerings locally and internationally. With the proper articulation agreement, schools anywhere in the world can offer all or part of the Nelson Mandela Academy program as a dropout prevention program or as a case management targeted program to those students at risk of dropping out.
Instead of a punitive focus on truancy, the Nelson Mandela Academy program brings a positive focus to students with the desire for learning but are in situations where the traditional public school system is not equipped to offer the tailored learning flexibility required for that individual student.
In addition, the high school can continue with the student as a FTE, or if the student or the school chooses the student can transfer to Nelson Mandela Academy’s program and the student is considered as transferring out versus dropping out.
Nelson Mandela Academy’s program is offered in partnership with Citizens High School (CHS), a regionally and nationally accredited leader in online education. Our program is designed to provide a full high school diploma, and not an equivalency or certificate. We hold ourselves and our curriculum to the absolute highest accreditation standards in terms of content, structure, and educational benchmarks. The following is a list of the governing and advisory organizations for CHS’ accreditation within the education sector.
- Middle States Association Commission on Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Distance Education Accrediting Commission
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation
- Florida Department of Education
- National Collegiate Athletic Association
We have you covered from traditional core courses, course credit recovery, Career Pathway industry certifications, and a selection of unique fun summer courses designed to make learning enjoyable year-round.
We invite you to learn more about our programs and services, and to get involved with our work. Tell us about you.
“Education is the most powerful weapon
which you can use
to change the world.”